Life is Motion

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Great to be back

The smell of sweat and the dense humidity of the gym hit me immediately when I entered Elorde Boxing Gym last night. It has been months since I last put on my boxing gloves for a grueling boxing workout in Elorde, and I was anxious that the familiar would feel unfamiliar.

It didn't.

I hadn't realized how much I missed boxing, and that it felt like I was returning home after a long absence when I came back to Elorde. The gym was home. I've never felt more comfortable with a group of sports people than I did with the boxers and trainers. I'm a sporty gal, and I've tried lots of physical challeneges from swimming, wall-climbing, swimming, diving, taekwondo, and boxing. I always loved taekwondo and boxing the best.
I get along so well with my trainers and teammates, and there is an istant camaraderie within our group. I didn't feel the same empathy with other sports, and swimming doesn't count because it's quite solitary.
I'm not a hot head or a slugger who wants to show off my fighting skills, but I do love the sheer physicality of taekwondo and boxing. When I practice my kicks and punches, more than any activity in my life, I feel focused and so concentrated, that I only hear my heart beating.

It's great to be back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home