Life is Motion

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Guess where?

Ok, I was out and about the other day in a big shopping area (not mall, this place has a large outdoor dry market area) and I took some pictures:

THESE PICTURES REMIND ME OF....



SIBERIA: Yup, street flower shops and flower stalls remind me of my time in Siberia. Siberia may seem like the end of the world and evokes palletes of neutral colors instead of these vivid ones you see with the flowers. Well, Siberia is a complicated place, and my Russian friends told me that it is precisely because you can barely see colors in the Siberian landscape why flowers are so popular. They import flowers from far-flung places and bring them to Siberia. Housewives love to buy flowers for their homes, husbands regularly buy flowers for their wives, a guy late for his date buys flowers as apology(yes, I actually saw a guy running like a track and fielder clutching a bunch of flowers)...Yes, Siberians love flowers.


Italy: Fruits and vegetables of all shapes and colors, you see them in Italian markets and street stalls. Of course they don't have our popular yellow mangoes, but we don't have their amazing olives.

Philippines: A country of contradictions, Asia's ailing man, Asia's drama queen. We don't live in a war zone, but yes, signs like these are normal.