Life is Motion

Saturday, April 15, 2006

SK Telecom



It's pathetic.

One of the most exciting memories of travelling to Russia is the stopover in Incehon Airport, Seoul, South Korea. How sad is that? I was going to a land that may as well be Mars to most Filipinos, but what I was itching to see was Incheon International Airport.

I was air sick almost the entire flight from Manila to Korea and I hadn't even noticed the cute Korean guy sitting beside me. You only see in movies or read in books that a woman actually gets to sit beside a cute guy in an airplane, and it happened to me when I was green with airsicknes. Well, I was such in a bad shape that I didn't care if the man thought I looked wretched because I felt like hell.

I arrived in Incehon at 5.30am. My legs felt like jelly, my head was swimming, and my stomach was still somewhere over Taiwan when I disembarked from the tarmac. I thought that nothing was going to make me feel the slightest bit better as I walked miserably towards the transfer desk. Russia? Siberia? What the hell was I getting myself into? I couldn't even survive a flight to Seoul, and its been my goal to go to South Korea since falling like a headless chicken for Bi.

And then I saw him. or saw it.

There on my left, dominating the the middle section of a twenty feet high wall, was a lighted billboard of Bi smiling down on passengers while holding an SK telecom cellphone. I swear, my headache vanished and I stupidly felt like smiling back at him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home