Life is Motion

Thursday, April 20, 2006

supermodel..work...sashay, shante'




look at the lights, not at my sister
designers and models take a bow
moi trying to work it?

I was thinking, should I write about something exotic? Something most people-- well, atleast most middle class asian people, have never experienced before? Should I write about my trip to the Altai mountains and the infamous Russian banya(sauna)?

That would be different, and so exotic you'd get rashes just thinking about it....

But, I was cleaning my room and found some great pictures of one of my trips to Hong Kong and I decided to shelve the Altai trip for next time.

These were taken during the Hong Kong Fashion week in January 2004. We were lucky enough to know the PR man (imagine an asian Samantha Jones--chic, sophisticated, sexy, and gay!) who handled the event. He gave me and my sister front row tickets for most of the fashion shows during the one week event. My sister is a major fashionista who can channel Nicole Ritchie, Kate Moss and Stella McCartney on any given mood or day. So it was a big deal to her, and it was a chance for me to pretend I can be vogue for a day!

We pretended to be young Anna Wintour wanna-bes when we assumed our VIP seats. Personally, I'm not much of a clothes horse(I cant do a Hollywood starlet lifestyle since I dont travel with an entourage), but it was a nice ride pretending to be VIPs in an international fashion event. After our 4th show, we joined Hong Kong and international fashionistas, magazine editors, buyers and designers for a nice champagne and hors'douvres cocktail. I felt so P. Diddy with the free flowing champagne.

The event was held in the city landmark, Hong Kong Convention Center in Wanchai.

Trust me, whenever I think of Hong Kong, I would so miss the smell of commerce and business. Even mega-Moscow didn't have that strong capitalist vibe like World City Hong Kong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home