Life is Motion

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Not just pure flash

I always wanted to share pictures of one of my favorite places in the Manila, so here goes:

Before the "boxing boom" arrived after local "celebrities" suddenly discovered this calorie burning sport, I was happily sweating out in my tiny corner of the world in Elorde boxing gym. It is owned and run by the family of Filipino boxing great, Gabriel "Flash" Elorde. But contrary to its namesakes, this gym is anything but flashy.

You come and you have to be prepared to whip your butt for a rigorous workout. No prissy, fluffy participants here or you'd look like a puss.

I love it.

Poster of Flash Elorde adorns the wall of the gym
Huffing boxer

1 Comments:

Blogger Lost said...

Gee...Santa Barbara?? It doesn't get any cheesier than that!

I'm watching the same shows you are right now, except for Grey's anatomy which I finished in two days straight!

There's also dead zone, bones and ghost whisperer. You should try those if your up to it. Not as good as House though which is my all time favorite!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home