Life is Motion

Thursday, June 29, 2006

East meets West in Paris



Trivia:

When you visit Paris, where do you usually go to see a lot of tourists taking a zillion pictures?

1.) Eiffel Tower
2.) Seine River
3.) The Louvre
4.) Notre Dame
5.) Arc de Triompe

Now, where do you go in Paris to see a lot of Asian tourists?

Answer: The LV Flagship situated on the Champs-Elysées at the corner of the chic Avenue George V--a five-minute stroll from the Arc de Triomphe.

I was walking pass this enormous mega store and I saw a whole bunch of Asians, mostly Japanese, Chinese and Koreans, clicking away and posing infront of the LV store. I was so astounded, I decided to take a few pictures myself.

The Asians were shopping LV items with such ferocity and singlemindedness, that LV implemented a policy that a person can only purchase a minimum amount of items in a day(worth a couple of thousand euros probably). I was approached by a Chinese woman and on another occassion, by a Japanese man to ask for a "favor." If it was possible, "could you please buy this LV wallet that I can't buy today because I have already reached the quota for one person."

Hello? Can't you wait till tomorrow? LV didn't land on a spaceship in the heart of Paris with a shitload of on-sale items only to return to its mother planet the next day, so there's no need to get everything you want in one day. Seriously, what's with Asians and their LV obssession? Bi goes to most of his functions looking like a walking advertisement for LV. If LV sold underwear, I bet Bi would be the first to flash them in his concerts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home