Life is Motion

Monday, June 19, 2006

Hello Moscow part 2

We are family...I have all my sisters with me!
A Brasilian, me, a Brit, and a Russian, out and about in Moscow.


GUM Department Store - elegant turn-of-the century shopping mall, combining elements of Russian medieval ecclesiastical architecture and an elegant steel framework and glass roof, and today filled with elegant boutiques and designer stores aimed at Moscow's nouveau riches.

Ok, the first time I went inside GUM, I felt I should be carrying a dozen magic plastics and a couple of hundred euros so I would fit in. Damn the place smelled of new money--lots of it! Viva capitalism in the former heart of Communism!




Lenin's tomb
St. Basil's Cathedral- built in the 16th century on Red Square by Ivan the Terrible to commemorate his successful military campaign against the Tartar Mongols in the besieged city of Kazan, its mass of brightly painted onion domes and turrets is now one of Moscow's best-known landmarks. -Moscow-taxi.com
The Kremlin...
knock, knock..."Are you in, President Putin?"

State Historical Musuem built in the 1870s and inagurated by Tsar Alexander III

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home