Life is Motion

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Someone needs a tranquilizer

Our house is behind a neighbor who has teenage kids. With hormones bouncing off the wall, habitually burning their parents' money, and thinking getting smashed is hot, teenagers are real beasts. My neighnor's college kid would bang on his drums every night between 19.00-21.00 and would invite his noisy friends to his parents' house most weekends. He probably wants to show off his mad drum set and how spacious his house is compared to his friends that's why they pollute the air almost every weekend.

I remember 2 occassions when I was in a party that got so noisy the neighbors called the security guards.

One was in Singapore where my colleagues/housemates gave a farewell party to me (aka, an excuse to drown on Johnny Walker) before I flew back to Manila. One of my friend had a shouting match with our neighbor through the phone, while another got so pissed ass drank, he slipped, fell on the floor, and promptly fell asleep without realizing he twisted his ankle. It was the size of a baseball the next day.

Another one was a welcome party in Moscow. New trainees from Brasil and England arrived and the girls recieved a Russian welcome--lots of vodka, beer, and music. I woke up the next day dehydrated and quickly searched for water in the refrigerator. Turned out, there was no ref because the food was left in a cabinetoutside by the covered terrace where the Russian weather was cold enough to seep through the wooden panels and chill the food. No need for a ref.
Suffice to say, the neighbors weren't very happy with the 15 noisy people in that flat.

These days, dinner, wine, and conversation are enough nocturnal stimuli for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home